Ministries that involve Children & Youth
We have a strong sense of community with parishioners. People and children of all ages here are encouraged to learn about their own faith and the role of the church in our community and worldwide.
- The BSAFE (The Bishop’s Summer Academic & Enrichment Program Safe Program) – Summer Camp organized in collaboration with St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church and Epiphany School). More information can be found by clicking here.
- Scholarship Committee
- The Scholarship Fund of The Church of the Holy Spirit was established in 1985 as a permanent memorial to Vaughn Lee, an eighteen year old member who died tragically during a 1981 church outing. Vaughn Lee Awards have been made annually since 1985 and is available to graduating high school seniors who have been formally accepted into an accredited college, technical school or vocational program.
- In the fall of 1989, the Janice Riley Award was appended to the Fund. This award is a memorial to Janice Riley, a beloved member who passed away suddenly in 1989. At the time of her passing, Janice Riley was a nursing supervisor at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. The Janice Riley Award is offered to students pursuing a career in the medical field or in human services. An applicant may be a recent high school graduate or a person changing careers.
- The Scholarship Fund is endowed and has grown from the original $1000.00 which the scholarship committee raised in 1985.
- Applicants must be members of the church/youth programs in good standing and must comply with the guidelines of the Scholarship Committee.
- Sunday School
- Youth Group
- Youth with a Choice Tutoring Program
- Youth Basketball